- Violent Crimes Lowest in Edison Park and Less Frequent in Lincoln Square than Most Chicago Communities http://t.co/Rjy4iytH 2012-10-10
- Edison Park, IL, Awarded Membership in Union Pacific's Train Town USA Registry | 4-Traders http://t.co/DLttSje0 2012-09-24
- Better Know An Alderman: Mary O'Connor, 41st Ward | NBC Chicago http://t.co/WyiVZLWr 2012-08-22
- Twelve Communities That Might Be on the Rebound (including Edison Park) http://t.co/sJZVsHAu 2012-03-21
- UPDATE: Bond set at $5 mil for Chicago man charged with first-degree murder of Edison Park resident http://t.co/hzPOjen5 2012-02-15
- More updates...
Found this fantastic photo on Chuckman’s Chicago Nostolgia and Memorabilia Blog today, and just had to share!
There’s a cool tunnel under the railroad tracks in Edison Park, just north of Olympia Park. It used to be painted with some awesome graffiti, but it has been recently been painted over with all white. Either way, there something cool about the world famous Edison Park Tunnel … or better known as simply “THE Tunnel”! Here are some photos from before it was painted over…
And here is the Google Street View to help you find it:
View Larger Map